We’re excited to announce our new, larger Charlotte office! Note our new Charlotte address: 1927 South Tryon St., Suite 100, Charlotte, NC 28203. The Charlotte phone number at 704-970-1593 remains the same.
This has been a busy and exciting year for our firm, so here are some updates and recent recognitions:
- Our Greensboro office expanded to take over neighboring office space (but has kept the same address).
- Two attorneys joined our firm this past year to assist with HOA/condo and real estate matters: Harmony Taylor and Brad Jones. For more information on any of our lawyers, visit our firm attorney page.
- Darlene Ansley, our wonderful firm receptionist for the past 18 years, was recognized as an “Unsung Legal Hero” by NC Lawyer’s Weekly in December. The award recognizes law firm employees who have consistently gone above and beyond the call of duty for clients and their community.
- Attorney Michael Taliercio was elected 2018 Treasurer of the American College of Parliamentary Lawyers, which consists of attorneys who spend part of their practice assisting with meeting and parliamentary procedure issues.
- Attorney Barbara Morgenstern was elected 2018 President of the N.C. Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyer, which consists of attorneys who practice family law, including divorce, child custody and support, and equitable distribution.
- Attorneys Steve Black and Harmony Taylor were re-elected to CAI-North Carolina’s Legislative Action Committee, which speaks on behalf of legislative and regulatory matters affecting community associations.
- Attorneys Carole Albright, Ashley Bennington, Keith Black and Barbara Morgenstern, all Board Certified Specialists in Family Law, were profiled in the N.C. State Bar Journal on the importance and benefits of legal specialization.
- Attorneys Barbara Morgenstern and Jim Slaughter were named to Best Lawyers. Morgenstern was recognized for Family Law and Family Law Mediation, and Slaughter for Real Estate Law and Community Association Law.
- Our firm was the first in North Carolina on the Best Lawyers list for Community Association Law (homeowner and condominium associations).
- Business North Carolina Magazine named several firm attorneys to its “Legal Elite” list. Carole Albright and Barbara Morgenstern were recognized for Family Law, Jon Raymer for Real Estate, and Jim Slaughter for Business/Business Litigation and Real Estate.
- Attorneys Barbara Morgenstern and Jim Slaughter were recognized as 2018 Super Lawyers–Morgenstern in the practice of family law, and Slaughter in the practice of real estate, including homeowner and condominium associations.
- Last, but not least–our firm’s kickball team made it to the City League semifinals!
We look forward to an exciting and busy 2018!