Zachary J. Wilson
Raleigh NC Office
3000 Highwoods Blvd
Raleigh, NC 27604
Zach Wilson practices in the firm’s Community Association, Landlord-Tenant, and Civil Litigation groups, primarily representing landlords, housing providers, homeowners associations, townhome associations, and condominium associations throughout North Carolina. He assists common interest communities with collection of delinquent assessments, foreclosures, disputes among neighbors, as well as providing guidance on the interpretation, application, and amendment of association governing documents. Zach counsels residential and commercial landlords, owners, and management companies faced with tenant disputes, evictions, occupancy issues, and security deposit disputes. He provides support to landlords by drafting leases, contracts, demand letters, and negotiating and litigating general civil disputes.
Born in Pittsburgh and raised in Richmond, Zach attended Campbell University School of Law, where he was a published member and submissions editor of the Campbell Law Review, and served as the chief justice of the student honor court, presiding over student conduct and academic violations. During law school, he was an intern with a federal trial judge, Judge Ann Marie Calabria of the North Carolina Court of Appeals, Senator Tamara Barringer, the Wake County Attorney, and the civil division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of North Carolina. Following law school, Zach began his career in primary law publishing, while also assisting several local attorneys with legal research and writing, before practicing community associations law with a Triangle-area law firm.
Outside the office, Zach enjoys training for marathons, fly and bass fishing, cheering for the Tar Heels and his hometown Pittsburgh sports teams, and spending time discussing legal quandaries with his wife, Chelsea, who practices at a Raleigh tax and business law firm.
Areas of Practice:
Community Association Law (Homeowner, Condominium, and Townhouse Associations), Landlord-Tenant and Commercial Leasing, Business Operations and Litigation
- Christopher Newport University, B.A., 2013
- Honors Program
- Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, Campbell University, J.D., 2016
- Submissions Editor - Law Review
- Chief Justice - Honor Court
- Admitted to the North Carolina State Bar
- Representation of residential and commercial associations. Governing document interpretation, enforcement of governing documents, collection of unpaid assessments, board and membership meeting procedure, and compliance with State and Federal law, including the Fair Housing Act, Americans With Disabilities Act, and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Litigation and mediation experience in District and Superior Court matters.
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Civic and Community Involvement:
- Lawyer on the Line Pro Bono Volunteer Attorney, Legal Aid of North Carolina
- Community HOPE Literacy Mentor, YMCA of the Triangle